- Digital impressions
- Same-day dentistry
- Implant solutions
- Orthodontic impressions
- 1 visit vs traditional 2 visit crowns
- The use of modern digital techniques to fabricate a crown
- No gooey impression materials
- No sensitive temporary crowns
- No 2nd appointment where you are numbed again
- You leave the office with a permanent crown
- A little longer appointment (with many breaks!)
- You may actually enjoy coming to the dentist! Shhh, we won’t tell.
Cerec uses CAD/CAM technology. Dr Bhakta will prepare the tooth for a partial or full-coverage crown. Then he or she will image the prepared tooth with a special camera. Cerec software is used to design your crown, then wirelessly transmit to a milling chamber that will carve out a restoration out of a ceramic block. Depending on the type of restoration, it will be tried in and adjusted in your mouth. Then it will be placed in a special oven to heat the restoration to harden it. It is then cemented or bonded into your mouth. This is all done typically in 1.5-2 hours.