If you are searching for a dentist in Mansfield who can adjust your smile with esthetic and comfortable veneers, then you’ve come to the right place!
Dental Veneers are procedures that can help improve any smile. Dental veneers are thin custom-made coverings made from either porcelain or composite that are bonded to the fronts of teeth. These veneers look and feel almost like natural teeth.
Who is a candidate for dental veneers?
- A person with spacing between their teeth and orthodontics is not an option
- A person that has some crowding among their teeth and orthodontics is not an option
- A person whose teeth are discolored and bleaching has not helped
- A person whose teeth are chipped or worn down
- A person who is not happy with the shape of their teeth
- A person who has been through orthodontics and/or bleaching and want their teeth further improved
Are veneers permanent?
- Yes, because the nature of veneers most likely requires some removal of tooth structure from teeth, it is a permanent and irreversible procedure.
- Always discuss with your dentist what other alternate options are available for your teeth prior to committing yourself and your teeth to an irreversible cosmetic procedure.
How long do dental veneers last?
- Success of dental veneers is multifactorial, with the dentist and patient playing a role. When properly planned, designed and placed along with proper oral hygiene and follow up for hygiene recare, veneers can last many years.
- As with any investment, particularly your health, follow up, compliance and maintenance play a major role.
- Depending on your case, your dentist may recommend a splint or nightguard to help protect your veneers and other restorations.
What’s the difference between dental veneers and dental crowns?
- Dental veneers are usually placed on the faces of front teeth and typically require minimal removal or tooth structure.
- Dental crowns usually cover the entire tooth, so they require more tooth structure removal.
With the use of our CEREC Same-Day Technology, we now have the ability to make some veneers in-office, sometimes the same day. Please discuss with your dentist if you are a good candidate for same-day veneer services.